1. Chandleresque detective to colleague: They want me dead….and I can live with that. 2. Her hesitant affection smacked the nape of my neck like a damp mackerel…and it wasn’t fishing season.
3. Greatness consists of patiently answering the little voices emanating from a work in progress that say “Help me! - help me”
4. Mothers create the sons they need.
5. Prayer: Maximum grace on a daily base.
6. It’s turning into a scatter of insanity.
7. Exis - stench - ialism : The philosophy of stink
8. Surf the moment
9. To thine own self…be reasonable.
10. Emotional strength: The ability to feel loved in the face of overwhelming information to the contrary.
11. I’d rather a person be a blatant jerk than a latent jerk.
12. Education is a process of becoming schizoid in an organized and methodical fashion ie hearing voices and answering them in your work.
13. Albert Kahn designed over 2,000 factories between 1900 and 1940
14. Braque - Obama : The Cubist ticket 2012
15. There’s more BS in orbit around the art / architecture world than socks around Saturn.
16. As everyone knows, context is everything and our law admits no context - Just the facts ma’m.
17. Instead of giving your child an ice cream cone get him/her a whipped hummus cone….just kidding.
18. Mediocre art violates principles in an insipid manner. If one is going to break rules - do it with gusto.
19. Cattle muscle tissue fills with the molecules of doom prior to their death in Cowschwitz (you’ve all seen it - just off the Grapevine along Highway five) When you eat this beef you ingest an array of dire chemicals of mammal anxiety, fear, terror as well as the residue of dozens of bovine pharmaceuticals (Google these!) Wonder why you feel tired and cranky after a big burger. The question is not “Where’s the Beef?” The question is: “Where’s the beef been?”
20. We live in a mediocracy.
21. Amateur painting: Everyone knows how to plant and grow but few know how to weed.
22. Once you chicken out, it’s hard to chicken back in.
23. Guy to ex-girlfriend: “You made messing with my mind a full-time job!” Girlfriend to guy: “That would only be a part-time job.”
24. Impulse control - don’t leave home without it.
25. I walk into a ghetto - all I see are nine mm pistols - I’ve got Glock-oma.
26. To leave your adrenalin un-metabolized is a crime against your soul as well as a burden to those around you.
27. Designing a new home in Silicon Valley is like throwing a chunk of raw beef into the Amazon. (The Planning Departments are voracious and want to design your house for you)